Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mexican Rice

Okay so I stumbled on this blog called Life as a Lofthouse totally by accident and about 30 minutes later had chosen 4 recipes to try out this week in my dinner plans. I have always wanted a nice simple side dish to go with fajita's or Mexican dishes and nothing has ever jumped out at me. But this...this is PERFECT! Such good flavor and so EASY! Plus, you could easily make this extra healthy using brown rice, so I'm tossing it in the "healthy" tab (you can see my standards are slightly low as far as "healthy" goes). Not only that, but it's just naturally Gluten-Free. A plus for my daughter, who freakin' loved this stuff (just make sure you double check the chicken broth you're using with this list I found right here).

The pictures on her site are way better than mine so don't base whether you think this would be good or not on this picture! :)

What you will need:

  • 1 C uncooked long grain rice
  • 2 C chicken broth
  • 1 T butter
  • 1/2 C salsa (I used Picante' which is confirmed to be Gluten-Free)
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
Directions:
  • Put all ingredients into a non-stick skillet
  • Bring to a boil
  • Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for about 30 minutes

No comments :

Post a Comment