Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Muddy Buddies

I needed myself a nice little snack tonight. It was quite the day! Anybody that's ever been standing in line at the Post Office with a box with heavy and fragile things while your toddler is with you knows what I mean. And that's what started my day! Yiikes!

So, here's to the Mama's out there that need a nice little somethin' somethin'. I adapted my recipe from Betty Crocker's. I just tend to like an even chocolate to peanut butter ratio in most things so I switched a few things up. And don't you love that these are gluten free? I 100% hate having a daughter with Celiac's, but things like this make it a little easier!


What you will need:

  • 1 box Chex mix cereal
  • 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 C peanut butter
  • 1/3 C butter
  • 1 tsp. coconut
  • 1/2 C coconut
  • 2 C powdered sugar
Directions:
  • Add chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter into a microwave safe bowl and heat for one minute
  • While that's going, pour the Chex cereal into a large bowl
  • Stir together the chocolate, peanut butter and butter until creamy and well blended (it won't look like it's all melted, but after you stir it, it will all melt together)
  • Mix in vanilla
  • Pour chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the Chex and mix well
  • Add in coconut
  • Add in powdered sugar

No comments :

Post a Comment