Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Kielbasa Corn


It sounds so simple. Turkey Kielbasa and corn. Now I'm trying to figure out how I lived my life before it. I seriously stared at my computer for a few minutes trying to figure out what to call this. So act like it's something that sounds really delicious and measures up to the unbelievable yumyumness this has. Oo! Yumyumcorn. Kielyumcorn. Yumcornkiel. Kielbasayum!

My husband and I have been putting it on our menu almost every week since the day we first tried it and we obsess over the leftovers. He of course likes it more with onions in it.

That's the beauty of this thing, you can add whatever you want and it'll be great! P
robably not "whatever" you want, but nearly. Heck, take these two ingredients camping and wrap it in some tin foil together to cook over the fire!

I actually like my kielbasa browned a lot more than this, like almost burnt coloring. But I wasn't paying attention while I was shopping because my son brought "moo-moo" (his cow) with us and was mooing at me and demanding I stare at him instead of shop.

So, I grabbed some kind of sausage type stuff that wasn't turkey kielbasa and I didn't love the way it browned or tasted but....we can pretend it's the good stuff here.



What you will need:
  • 6-8 ears of corn
  • 2 turkey kielbasa 
  • Garlic Salt
  • Black Pepper
  • Onions, peppers, etc. (optional)
Directions:
  • Shuck and boil your corn for 10-15 minutes depending on the texture you like
  • While that's boiling, slice your kielbasa into coins
  • When it's done boiling, set your corn on the side and drain the water from your pot
  • Dump your kielbasa coins into that same pot and start to brown the sides (if you're planning on adding onions or other vegetables, go ahead and toss those in for a bit before adding the kielbasa in)
  • While the kielbasa is browning, cut the corn off of the cob
  • When the kielbasa is browned, add the corn into the pot with the kielbasa and mix together with seasonings

No comments :

Post a Comment