Monday, January 2, 2017

Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken

Our family was so lucky to get to spend the holidays with all my family this year! It's pretty rare these days so I'm glad we got to make a lot of memories!

One of the things we did was doing a Chinese food potluck for New Years Eve. Best. Idea. EVER! I feel like it might have to be tradition now no matter who is around! Everyone made such delicious food, and lucky me I was able to find a crockpot teriyaki chicken recipe from the Flavorite. It made things so easy with how crazy my New Years Eve day was. I knew I wouldn't have the time to cook something later in the day or spend much time on it.

This was perfect, although my chicken got really tender and it kind of turned into shredded teriyaki chicken. Woops! This picture was taken a couple days later with leftovers so it's not as juicy looking. But you get the idea! I actually doubled the sauce recipe and I think it turned out great that way!


What you will need:

  • 2 lbs. boneless chicken
  • 1/4 C brown sugar
  • 1/2 C soy sauce
  • 2 T cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp water
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • Sesame seeds
Directions:
  • Mix the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a bowl
  • Pour the sauce over the chicken in a slow cooker
  • Cook on low for 4-6 hours
  • Remove chicken from slow cooker
  • Pour sauce into a pan and bring to a boil
  • Mix cornstarch and water together in a small bowl
  • Slowly pour cornstarch mix into the sauce and mix together
  • Turn heat to medium and stir until sauce thickens (about 2-3 minutes)
  • Add sesame seeds if desired
  • Cut up chicken and place back into slow cooker with sauce until ready to serve

No comments :

Post a Comment