Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Freezable Breakfast Sandwiches

In my quest to make sure I eat breakfast daily, I thought this would be a great idea! If you've ever made an egg mcmuffin, you'll know why I love this. They are soo good! However, I would only make them every once in a while because if it takes longer than making a bowl of cereal, chances are I won't be bothering with it in the AM!

The solution? Just make a bunch and freeze 'em. Duh. Do a quick zap in the microwave in the morning while you take a shower and it's cooked and cooled a little by the time you're out.

What I really really love about this, is that you can make it so different each time. You can be a health nut and get whole grain english muffins, all natural turkey bacon, cage free eggs and use the egg whites only, low fat organic cheese slices, and add as many vegetables your little heart desires!

For my test run, though, I used what I had. That did not include whole grain english muffins, but regular. I also used the whole eggs and although my bacon wasn't all natural, it was turkey bacon at least. :)




What you will need:

  • 6 english muffins
  • 6 eggs, beaten
  • 6 slices of cheese
  • 6 slices of bacon
  • 1/2 red pepper, minced
  • 1/2 green pepper, minced
  • 1/2 onion, minced
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degree's
  • Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray and line bacon on top (I placed a cooling rack on top of my baking sheet, sprayed that and lined my bacon onto that instead)
  • When oven is ready, place bacon in the oven and cook for 5 minutes
  • In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs and add in all your preferred veggies
  • Spray a muffin pan with non stick spray
  • Pour eggs into 6 of the muffin tins
  • Place eggs into oven on the rack above the bacon and cook them all together for an additional 12 minutes (or until bacon and eggs are done)
  • Toast the english muffins while everything is cooking
  • Place eggs, cheese and bacon onto english muffin and top with other half
  • Press down until it's flattened a little
  • Wrap muffins up and stash in the freezer
To Re-heat:
  • Unwrap the muffins
  • Place in the microwave for about 3 minutes

No comments :

Post a Comment