Monday, March 25, 2013

Lemon Garlic Pasta with Salmon

I kept seeing this picture of pasta on Pinterest that said to toss pasta with lemon juice, olive oil and bread crumbs. I thought that was a wonderful idea! So I expanded on that idea and came up with this-

My favorite thing about this recipe (aside from the taste), is that I don't have to be very particular about my salmon. I'm usually very precise and critical when making salmon, but with this I can just chop the sucker up halfway through and forget about it. You could easily make the salmon the star though and turn it into a salmon dish on a bed of lemon garlic pasta and that would be great, too!

ps- I paired this meal with Crack Bread and a fresh green salad. It worked really well together!

What you will need:

  • Spaghetti Pasta
  • 6 cloves garlic
  • Onion powder
  • 1/4 C butter
  • 2 lemons
  • 1 6 oz. salmon fillet
  • 1/4 C Bread crumbs
  • 2 T olive oil
Directions:
  • Before you add your pasta to boiling water, grate 3 cloves of garlic into the water and add some onion powder
  • Add pasta to the water 
  • Add 1 T of olive oil to a cast iron skillet and bring to medium heat
  • Lay your salmon fillet on the pan and let each side cook for about 2 minutes before roughly cutting it up (I just used my spatula) and allowing the rest to cook to desired doneness
  • While the salmon is cooking, add the butter to a small sauce pan and grate the remaining 3 cloves of garlic into the butter.
  • Add the juice of 1 lemon to the garlic butter and let simmer until the pasta is done
  • Once the pasta is done, drain the water and toss the pasta in 1 T olive oil, a little lemon juice, bread crumbs and salmon
  • Drizzle the lemon garlic butter over the top for an added oomph of flavor, or opt out if you'd rather try and be more healthy

No comments :

Post a Comment