Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crack Bread

My sister in law made this for me once and I got a little obsessed. I've tried it a few different ways and you can too, but these are the basics of how I like it.


You will need:
  • 1/4 C. melted butter
  • 1 T ranch dressing mix
  • 1 round sourdough bread loaf (I buy mine at Albertsons and I've used different kinds of bread but the sourdough tastes better for some reason even though I don't like sourdough bread in general)
  • 1 C. grated cheese
  • 1 T bacon bits (I put these on half of mine)
Directions:
  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
  • Line a baking dish with tin foil and place your sourdough bread ontop of it
  • Using a bread knife, slice your bread into a "grid," starting by cutting vertically first, then horizontally across the vertical lines-
  • Using your hands, try and spread apart the newly formed bread squares to separate it a little and set the bread in/on your baking dish
  • In a small bowl with the melted butter, mix in the ranch dressing mix
  • Pour the mixture inside the bread first, then use the rest to coat the top of the bread and add bacon bits if desired-
  • Bake the bread at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
  • Grate your cheese while the bread is baking
  • Pull out the bread and put the grated cheese in the crevases and a layer of cheese ontop. I added a little mozerella cheese I had leftover from this recipe as well.
  • Place the bread back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted how you prefer
**I've been wanting to try this with Garlic oil and various seasonings rather than butter and ranch mix but haven't tried yet! I love recipe's that you can build on wherever your imagination takes you!**

1 comment :