Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kira's Garlic and Herb Pork Tenderloin

A while back I posted a recipe I'd tried for pork. It was really good, but since then I've made it "my own" and have changed things. So, this is how I make my pork, though I never measure anything for it so it's all approximate.






You will need:
  • 1-1.5 lb. Pork tenderloin, I never buy any that are already seasoned
  • 5 cloves fresh garlic, I only ever use fresh garlic for anything
  • 1- 1 1/2 T thyme, depends on your taste
  • 1 T salt, because I love salt
  • 5 T olive oil
  • Dash of basil
Directions:
  • Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
  • Place your pork in a large pan, I use a turkey pan and place the pork on the rack
  • Mince your garlic and thyme, I have a slap-chopper I use to mince them up after I've diced them a bit
  • In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, thyme and salt and add a dash of basil
  • Using either a spoon or a pastry brush, coat the pork with the mixture, basting your pork with it is an option as well
  • Cover your pork very tightly like you would a turkey-
  • Cook at 375 degrees for one hour and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing
This is extremely easy, and extremely tasty. I usually throw in potatoes with it and they're all done at the same time in my oven. Today I did potatoes and crack bread with it and baked the crack bread while the pork was resting and it all worked out fabulously.

**This is also made for my oven in particular. I've suspected that the temperature in my oven is off so don't hate me if something is off ;)**

No comments :

Post a Comment