Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hearty Beef Stew


Judging by the picture, it might not look that tasty to you. What a mistake that judgment is! I kid you not, if you are cooking this and people walk into your home, they will instantly feel comfy and nostalgic (maybe that's just me since I grew up with it!) with the aroma filling all their senses. It's not your average stew-ee flavor, it's sooo much better! Mmmmm!

Also, that nice roll in the picture is home made as well, and by far my favorite kind ever. If I ever convert my "fill cup with red polka dots on it half way with milk" type recipe into actual measurements, I will post that recipe as well. :)

What you will need:
  • Stew meat (often labeled as "street meat" in the meat section, you'll find them pre-cubed. The kind I love to use is the meat that's sliced really thin, usually right next to the cubed. I just cut the strips in half before adding them to the stew
  • 2 cans corn
  • 2 cans carrots
  • 2 cans sliced or chopped potatoes (or use real potatoes chopped into cubes)
  • 1 pkg. McCormikcs brand Beef Stew Mix
  • 1 can regular Campbells tomato soup
Directions:
  • Add 1 can of tomato soup, stir in
  • Add 2 cans of corn, stir in
  • Add 2 cans of carrots, stir in
  • Add potatoes, stir in
  • Add meat
  • Add water to desired amount
  • Add pkg. Beef Stew Mix
  • Heat on stove until hot and ready to serve!

No comments :

Post a Comment