Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Mousse

I had some things floating around my fridge and pantry that I had no immediate plans to use, so I figured why not, let's put them together and make something good?

What you will need:
  • 1 1/2 C peanut butter chips
  • 2 1/2 C heavy cream
  • 3 T creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 T sugar
Directions:
  • Melt the peanut butter chips in the microwave with 1 C of your heavy cream in 30 second intervals until melted
  • Whisk in peanut butter, cinnamon and vanilla
  • Chill in the fridge until room temperature
  • While it's chilling, in a large bowl mix 1 1/2 C heavy cream and sugar with electric mixer until it forms stiff peaks
  • Gently fold in your peanut butter mixture a little at a time until blended well
  • Chocolate shavings are optional. I added chocolate shavings and for my daughters I dropped a few peanut butter M&M's in to make it a little more fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment