Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Freezable Homemade Chicken Nuggets

Sometimes I feel like I make my kids a PB&J every single day and only mix up the foods on the side. How boring! We went grocery shopping and my daughter asked if she could pick out the bread she likes. I said yes and she went off and grabbed some white bread. Okay, I get it, you hate whole wheat bread. She thought that since she picked out some white bread she'd be getting her daily PB&J with it. Sometimes Mom's are smarter, and I decided it was time I quit being so lazy and find something else to feed them.

This recipe I found for homemade chicken nuggets was a wonderful find. However, I made a bunch of changes. She preferred to cook them in oil on the stove. I decided to bake mine. She also used whole wheat bread crumbs, I went ahead and unhealthified it with Panko bread crumbs. I also changed the quantity of spices and such. So I'll just give you my recipe or you can click here for the original. :)


You will need:

  • 1.5 lbs. chicken tenderloins (made about 25 nuggets)
  • 1 1/2 C Plain Panko bread crumbs
  • 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp. Paprika
  • 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 2 eggs
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Paprika and garlic powder in shallow bowl
  • Lightly beat eggs in a separate shallow bowl
  • Cut up chicken into cubes
  • With each chicken cube, coat in egg, then coat in the bread crumb mixture

  • Place the covered chicken cubes onto a greased rack over a baking sheet
  • Mist the chicken with oil

  • Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes
You can freeze the rest and reheat them later! That's the best part!

No comments :

Post a Comment