Sunday, August 19, 2012

Strawberry-Orange Sorbet

Mmmmmm. I am eating this right as I type out the recipe. I am so so...so so SO surprised at how amazing this turned out. It's a gem of a recipe if I ever saw one. The flavor is delicious, the creaminess is so right on and it's just so darn easy to make!

My one complaint is that this recipe did not make enough! I would say it makes about 1 Quart, so next time I plan on doubling, or even tripling the recipe.


You will need:

  • 4 C strawberries, hulled and sliced
  • 1 C water
  • 1 C fresh orange juice + zest (for me this ended up being around 4 oranges)
  • 1/2 C sugar
Directions:
  • hull and slice strawberries and set aside
  • Bring water, sugar and orange juice to a boil until the sugar has dissolved
  • Add in the sliced strawberries and boil for about 8 minutes

  • Using a blender, puree the mixture until smooth

  • Strain the mixture using a fine mesh strainer  (I don't do anything with fruit enough to drop $30 for a fine mesh strainer. I used my splatter guard and it worked like a charm. Check out all those seeds!)

  • Place in the refrigerator to chill (I chilled mine over night. See what I mean about the quantity?!)

  • Use chilled mix in your ice cream maker and use like usual

No comments :

Post a Comment