Thursday, November 8, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

Well this was a pleasant surprise. I found it Skinnytaste.com, meaning it's a healthy dinner for y'all! I am capable of sharing healthy things. It's just that it's only sometimes. I plan on browsing more on that website to try and expand my healthy side. I'll even make a new "healthy" label to encourage myself to be able to stick recipe's in that category. How's that for a plan that I might follow through on?!

Anyways, I definitely plan on making this again. Super yummy!



What you will need:

  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 16 oz. can black means
  • 1 16 oz. can kidney beans (I used pinto beans)
  • 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 10 oz. pkg. frozen corn
  • 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes with chilies
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning (I used McCormick brand chicken taco seasoning, it was great! I want to try and make my own seasonings though)
  • 1 T cumin
  • 1 T chili powder
  • 24 oz. (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • chili peppers, chopped (I used 1 jalapeno pepper)
  • Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Directions:
  • Combine onion, beans, tomato sauce, corn, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, cumin, chili powder and chili pepper(s) in crock pot. 
  • Place the chicken breasts on top
  • Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours
  • 30 minutes before serving, take the chicken breasts out and shred the chicken
  • Add chicken back into the chili and cook another 30 minutes or until ready to serve
  • Serve over rice and top with grated cheese and cilantro if desired


No comments :

Post a Comment