Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cinnabon Popcorn

I LOVE THIS SO MUUUUCCCHHHHH!!!! I WISH I COULD SAY LOVE A MILLION TIMES BECAUSE THAT'S HOW MUCH I LOVE IT!

It was just last year when I first discovered cinnabons. I don't know why I think they're so much better than "regular" cinnamon rolls, but they are. So when I came across this recipe for cinnabon popcorn I felt like it would be extremely irresponsible if I didn't try it.

The recipe calls for chopped pecans. I usually try and do recipe's the way they say to do them the first time around and then do them my way after that. So, I got the pecans even though I don't super duper like them. I completely forgot to add them in though. Whoops.


What you will need:

  • 12 C popped popcorn (I popped 1 C of popcorn kernels and it was plenty)
  • 1 C roughly chopped pecans
  • 1 C brown sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 C real butter
  • 1/4 C karo syrup
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 squares almond bark
Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 250 degrees
  • Pop popcorn and set aside with chopped pecans
  • In a large microwave safe bowl, add brown sugar and cinnamon
  • Mix cinnamon and brown sugar together
  • Cut butter into chunks and add into the brown sugar mixture
  • Microwave for about 30 seconds to soften the butter and stir to combine
  • Pour karo syrup right on top of the mixture
  • Microwave for 2 minutes, take out and stir
  • Microwave for 2 more minutes. It should look like a bunch of small bubbles at this point
  • Remove from the microwave and add the baking soda and vanilla
  • Stir to combine
  • It will bubble and foam up
  • Pour mixture over the popcorn and pecans and start stirring/mixing immediately until well coated
  • Spread popcorn mixture onto a foil lined baking sheet
  • Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes
  • After 30 minutes, let it cool and take a sample to see if it's as crunch as you prefer. If not, bake it for another 5 minutes or so. 
  • Once it's at the right "crunchyness" for you, give it a final stir and allow it to cool
  • Melt the almond bark
  • Spread your popcorn onto a clean wax paper lined surface
  • Drizzle the almond bark on the popcorn
  • Once it's all hardened, break into pieces and serve
PS- It makes a wonderful Thank You gift!


No comments :

Post a Comment