Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chicken Kabobs

I'm not sure why this isn't already on here. I make these pretty frequently and love them! I stumbled on a really great chicken marinade a while back and have really liked it with these! I use to put steak on them but have been trying to eat a tad healthier so I've stuck with just the chicken for the meat. I always make sure to make extras because this is great leftover the next day!


What you will need:
  • 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large cubes (they shrink in size as their cooked)
  • 4 red potatoes, washed and quartered
  • 1 pineapple, cubed
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 bottle Stubbs chicken marinade (the bottle looks like this and can be found in the Condiments isle at your grocery store. They also have different marinades for different meats if you want to try those!)
  • Any other vegetables or meats you'd like; mushrooms, peppers, steak, etc.
Directions:
  • After you've cubed your chicken breasts, place them in a large Ziploc bag with 3/4 of the bottle of Stubb's chicken marinade
  • Allow it to marinade in the fridge for a few hours, the longer the better
  • If you're going to use large wooden skewers, allow them to soak in cold water for about 30 minutes before cooking
  • Line a baking sheet with greased tin foil and set your oven to BROIL
  • If you have a cooking rack, place that on top of the baking sheet
  • Stack your meats and vegetables onto the skewers in any order you'd like
  • Place them onto the baking sheet or cooking rack (I've done it both ways and both ways turn out great!)
  • Brush the remaining chicken marinade onto the kabobs
  • Broil for about 10 minutes 
  • Flip skewers over and broil for another 10 minutes


1 comment :

  1. I made them tonight! They were so yummy! I couldn't find your suggested marinade so I had to go with another one. Still turned out good! Thanks for recipe!

    ReplyDelete