Thursday, January 31, 2013

Protein Balls


I made this recipe up after I tried a type of protein ball that had potential but wasn't my favorite. So, as a way to sneak in some flax seed into my kids snacks, these are deeeliiicciouusss. They LOVE these! It's a nice healthy treat that you can play around with to make your own. Toss in some protein powder or something you love!



What you will need:
  • 1 1/2 C uncooked oats
  • 1/2 C peanut butter
  • 1/3 C honey
  • 2/3 C coconut
  • 1/2 C ground flax seed
  • 1 1/2 C rice krispies (I use gluten free)
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 C chocolate chips (optional. I like to put these in asap so that they melt into everything as I stir. Sooo yummy!)
Directions:
  • Add all ingredients except for honey and peanut butter into medium sized bowl
  • Over medium heat, mix peanut butter and honey together until well blended and they've reduced into a thinner mixture
  • Pour peanut butter/honey mixture over the ingredients in the bowl
  • Mix well
  • Scoop into balls and let them firm up

No comments :

Post a Comment