Friday, January 18, 2013

Chocolate Sugar Cookies

I stumbled on this recipe while I was scoping out ideas for my daughters Valentine's Day party coming up. They were super fun to make, and I'd never tried chocolate sugar cookies before so I absolutely had to! I think you'll be amazed. We frosted ours pink with pink sprinkles, but I prefer them without frosting at all!



What you will need:

  • 2 1/2 C flour
  • 1/2 C cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 C butter, softened
  • 1 C sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  • Whisk dry ingredients together; set aside
  • Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
  • Add the egg and vanilla
  • Mix until well blended
  • Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture until blended
  • Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes

No comments :

Post a Comment