Monday, May 20, 2013

Chex Scotcheroos

Would you believe I'm actually starting to have a little fun with this gluten-free thing? I just get so excited when I find out something I know I like is gluten-free! I found this awesome recipe at Yammies Gluten Freedom and have absolutely fallen in love with her site! It's like all of my "WHY MEEEEEEE! THIS IS TOO HAAARRRDDD" prayers were finally answered when I found her. I spent way too long her site ignoring my screaming child throwing a tantrum on the floor because one of her socks wasn't on right.

Really, though. Who wouldn't love these? Gluten or not, they are delicious. And I feel like I could say the name over and over. It's so cute. SCOTCHEROOS! Scotcheroos. SCOTCHerOOOOOsss! Even though I admit that in the time between when I saved the recipe and actually made the recipe I was calling them "scootcheroos." Whoops.




What you will need:

  • 6 C Chex cereal 
  • 1 C corn syrup
  • 1 C sugar
  • 2 C peanut butter, divided
  • 2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 C butterscotch chips
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Directions:
  • Grease a large bowl and measure out your Chex into it; set aside
  • Grease a 13x9 baking dish and set aside
  • Bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil and remove from heat
  • Immediately mix 1 1/2 C of the peanut butter into the corn syrup/sugar mixture and mix well
  • Pour over the Chex and coat the cereal evenly
  • Spread the Chex into the 13x9 dish
  • Place chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, 1/2 C peanut butter and vanilla into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until all is melted
  • Pour over the Chex and let sit until cooled completely

3 comments :

  1. Please let me know how many people the Chex

























    Please let me know how many people the recipe for Chex Scotcheroos gluten free dessert will feed.
    thankyou
    Susan


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan!! This recipe goes into a 9x13 pan, so it would just depend on how large you cut your squares. You could do larger servings like you'd cut up a cake, or you can cut them into treat size cubes. The size in the photo probably gave me around 12 very large servings. :)

    ReplyDelete