Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dulce de Leche

I've mentioned on a recipe or two before to use dulce de leche and that I just make my own. The "recipe" is just so easy that I never considered making a specific post about it. I changed my mind about that, because even if this is simply for the sole purpose of convincing you to never buy the kind at the store again and to just make your own, it's worth it.

So, never buy the kind at the store. MAKE YOUR OWN! 
It's not hard. At all. Like you could tell your 5 year old to do it and they couldn't mess it up.
It's just about whether or not you want your 5 year old around boiling water...

Anyways, MAKE YOUR OWN. Just make your own dang Dulce de Leche will you?


Would ya look at that? Don't pretend you don't want it. Here's how to do it!

What you will need:
  • Sweetened Condensed milk (I usually make two 8oz. cans)
Directions:
  • Remove wrapper on the outside of the can
  • Place condensed milk in a large pot (I put mine on their side)
  • Covered them with water making sure there is at least 1" of water above the top of the can at all times*
  • Boil for 2 1/2 hours
*I check mine every 20 minutes or so and add more water if needed. Don't neglect them, they might explode if you're careless...:)


No comments :

Post a Comment