Friday, May 3, 2013

Banana Bread

So this is my banana bread recipe. It's pretty standard with just a couple specials. I will never make banana bread without brown sugar again! It is my husbands faaavorite. The ingredients need extremely minimal muscle power to mix by hand, so no need to bust out the kitchen-aid (I love this when I am making banana bread and some other goodies on the side).

I accidentally left this loaf in the oven for too long when I saw my daughter trying to bust through the sliding screen door, you know, "for fun."

What you will need:

  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 C butter, melted
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 1/2 C brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 C flour
Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degree's
  • Mix the mashed banana's and butter until blended
  • Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla one at a time
  • Add in the cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and flour and mix well
  • Pour batter into bread loaf pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes

No comments :

Post a Comment