Sunday, November 24, 2013

Grasshopper Frozen Dessert

I made this for my daughter's 3rd birthday! It was really yummy. I mean it's basically just mint & chocolate chip ice cream, so of course it was good. But sometimes you just need that extra oomph to your desserts!

One thing I would note is that I'd try and make this the day before serving. I made mine the day of and the oreo's were still crumbly. The next day they were the perfect ice cream-crust texture!




What you will need:
  • 1 pkg. Oreo cookies
  • 1 1/2 cartons Mint & Chocolate Chip ice cream
  • 1 8 oz. carton Cool Whip, softened
  • 9x13 pan
Directions:
  • Allow ice cream to soften up. I waited until I was able to press a spoon into it and it was really soft on the top and still pretty firm down in the middle
  • Separate the cream from the cookies in the Oreo's
  • Add Oreo's into a larg Ziploc bag and smash the heck out of them (or use your food processor, which I didn't do and wished I had ha!)
  • Press Oreo's evenly into the bottom of your 9x13" pan
  • Scoop large amounts of the ice cream and plop them all down onto the Oreo's crumbles (don't spread it until all the ice cream is "plopped down" first)
  • Once all the ice cream is there, start spreading. It will take a bit of work. The best way I can describe the method that worked really well for me is a short and quick "sawing motion" with my large spoon. I'd spread some, then do the sawing motions, spread some, do the sawing motions. But do whatever works for you!
  • Spread Cool Whip on the top of the Ice Cream and add sprinkles, chocolate shavings or whatever your heart desires
  • Cover and freeze!
  • Pull out about 20 minutes before serving to soften a little!

No comments :

Post a Comment