Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Golden Garlic Chicken

I made this up tonight for dinner. I knew I was going to cook up some chicken breasts but didn't know what to do with them. So this is what I came up with. I have to say........it is really good. My daughter finished hers and then sat next to me staring at me. When I was about to start onto the second chicken breast, she asked me if she could have it haha. It was just so tender and flavorful!

I love the light golden brown crust it creates (which is why I call it Golden Garlic Chicken. I didn't know what else would fit!). I like breaded chicken, but it's hard to make a good breaded chicken that's gluten free sometimes. Plus, it's a little more work that I was unwilling to do. So this nice crust was wonderful! I paired this up with some steamed broccoli and garlic mashed red potatoes and they complimented each other really well! I was afraid it'd be too much garlic happening, but that wasn't the case. Try it! You'll love it.

To be honest I'm not sure how much of each ingredient I used, so this is all approximate and I'm sorry if it turns out disgusting because of my guessing ;)-

What you will need:

  • 3-4 chicken breasts (I cut my in half)
  • 1/3 C melted butter
  • 6 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1/2 T Onion Powder
  • 1/2 T Garlic Powder 
  • 1 tsp. Creole seasoning
  • 1 tsp. Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix together. It will form into a somewhat liquidy paste.
  • Spoon some onto each chicken breast and coat them each evenly
  • Cook for about 45 minutes or longer (depending on when your chicken is done)

No comments :

Post a Comment