Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Sliders

My brother and sister in law made these once and they were so good I couldn't get them off my mind. Then they made them again during Christmas time and I was reminded that I must make them. I'm not sure the exact recipe they used, but I found this similar one!

I browned mine a little extra because I like things that way. Sometimes I actually think the words, "it tastes almost burned...it's so delicious." And that's what I did her. I kept looking at them thinking they could go just a little bit longer when in reality you can totally take them out when the recipe says to :).

One thing I would recommend, is you can go ahead and make these ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until you're ready to bake them! I had these planned for dinner on a pretty busy day, so I put them together before I left and only had to wait 10 minutes for them to bake when we all got home.

Also, be careful when you're opening your poppy seeds. Let's just say I'll be finding poppy seeds all over my kitchen for weeks.



What you will need:

  • 24 slices deli honey ham
  • 6 slices swiss cheese
  • 1 T poppy seeds
  • 1 1/2 T dijon mustard
  • 1/2 C butter melted
  • 1 T onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • Mayo
  • 2 pkgs. KINGS HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls (yeah I just used rolls from the bakery and they were delicious)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Mix poppy seeds, dijon mustard, butter, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce in small bowl, set aside
  • Slice rolls open and spread mayo on one side
  • Add ham and swiss cheese
  • Place the sandwiches into a baking dish so they are all close together
  • Pour sauce over the tops of the rolls and cover with foil
  • Let sit for 10 minutes
  • Bake in the oven for another 10 minutes
  • Remove the foil and bake another 2 minutes so the tops browned and crisp

1 comment :

  1. Made these for dinner tonight and they were super delicious! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete