Saturday, April 18, 2015

Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks

So I usually make garlic bread with some nice bread from the bakery and my own garlic butter spread. So when I found this recipe for dough to make bread sticks I had to try it out! She and I do our garlic spread a bit different but I'm sure either way will be delicious! My husband was going to be late for dinner and I literally had to bribe my kids to leave him some of these. They were extremely upset, but obliged and left him 3. He took one bite and "MMMMMMMM" with his eyes closed. They're good. Real good.



What you will need:

Bread Sticks (can also be used for pizza dough!)
  • 1 C warm water (I aim for 110*)
  • 2 1/4 Active Dry Yeast
  • 1 T sugar
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 3 C bread flour (I used all purpose and it still ended up amazing! I only ended up using 2 3/4 C)
Garlic Butter Spread (and cheeses)
  • 6 T butter, softened
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 T seasonings of your choice ( I used a blend of some rosemary and thyme but get creative! Or skip this step, it won't matter :) )
  • Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
  • Grated Mozzarella cheese  to taste
Directions:

Bread Sticks
  • In your mixing bowl, sprinkle the yeast and sugar over your warm water and let it activate and foam up
  • Add salt, olive oil and half the flour to the mixing bowl and combine
  • Add flour 1/2 C at a time until your dough is sticky but won't come off onto your fingers when you touch it
  • Knead the dough for 6 minutes exactly 
  • The dough will be able to scoop out of the bowl and not be stuck to the sides
  • Scoop the dough out and mold it into a bowl
  • Spray your mixing bowl with non stick spray and put the ball of dough back in
  • Cover with plastic wrap or cover with a towel and place somewhere warm to rise for 1-2 hours
  •  Preheat the oven to 500*
  • Roll out the dough out into a nice big circle
  • Spread the garlic butter all over on top
  • Sprinkle both your cheeses on top (I also added a little parsley to mine)
  • Bake in the oven for 9 minutes
Garlic Butter Spread
  • Grate garlic into the softened butter and mix together
  • Add your seasonings (optional) and combine
  • Spread over dough
  • Top with cheese

No comments :

Post a Comment