Friday, April 17, 2015

Pizza Dough

So once upon a time I swore off baking anything with yeast for 3 1/2 years. Not because of some superior knowledge of how deadly it is (because literally every food in existence is apparently trying to kill us according to the internet), but because I couldn't figure out how to bake with it in Portland. :(

To be fair, I only tried maybe 5 or 6 times before giving up. No matter what I did it was always really dense and awkward. I hated it. So I avoided it.

Back in Idaho and I'm celebrating by baking everything I can think of with yeast. Pizza dough included.

What better recipe to try than....*gasp*...Pioneer Woman? So unlike me....;)

This was beyond easy to make. I'm angry at how easy it was to be honest. It was easier than driving to the store to buy premade, or waiting at home for delivery. Plus my girls loved every second of it. They're on a dough kick like me. It's basically like Christmas around here when they find out I'm making more dough for them to play with.

Anyways. Fun, delicious, easy.  
This recipe also makes two crusts.
So don't go using all the dough for one pizza and then yelling at me for it coming out skiwompus.
Refrigerate the other half if you plan on using it in the next few days. Or freeze it!
Enjoy!
What you will need:
  • 1 tsp. active dry or instant yeast
  • 1 1/2 C warm water (I stick with 110*)
  • 4 C all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
Directions:
  • In the bowl you plan on mixing in, combine the flour and the salt
  • In a separate bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and let it get all foamy
  • Slowly add in the olive oil to the flour in your mixing bowl and combine
  • Add your foamy yeasty water to the flour mixture and combine
  • Grab another mixing bowl and spray some non stick spray in there
  • Form your dough into a ball and roll it around a bit in the non stick spray bowl
  • Cover the dough with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until you're ready to use it (I made mine the night before and pulled it out the next evening. Made things go really fast and easy! I also plopped my dough into a large ziploc....it seemed to be just fine that way!) 
  • When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 500*
  • Use your hands and fingers to press the dough out to the shape you want
  • Add your toppings
  • Bake for 12-15 minutes!

No comments :

Post a Comment