Saturday, April 11, 2015

Peach Dumplings

My goodness. I've had a baby and he's now 4 months old since my last post! I guess that's how long it takes to me to fully get back into the swing of things ;). I've actually been trying a bajillion new recipes over the past couple of months and haven't shared any of them.

I feel bad about this, because good things ought to be shared.

I feel extra bad about this, because most of these good things include Pioneer Woman recipes. And you all deserve to know about them.

So although I love sharing these recipes on my own website, my main purpose for this has been to keep all my favorites in one place to pull up on the spot whenever I need (I recommend everyone doing this. Saves so much time and I can't count the number of times I've gone to remake a recipe and noticed one of my own notes on my post that I would have forgotten to do the second or third time around).

That being said, I'm sharing this recipe with you, but I highly recommend just going to her website because she has step by step pictures and is so witty and clear in her directions. (Watching her is even better. We record her episodes on Food Network and when my oldest child walks in the door from school at 3:05 she is expecting her 3:00 show to be on pause until she's ready)

Anyhow, my family doesn't love apple-ee dessert type things. But they do like peachy ones. So I just took her apple dumpling recipe and used peaches instead. I also halved this recipe and it made 8 dumplings but I'm sharing the recipe as if you'd want the full 16 :). Enjoy!

What you will need:
  •  2 pkg's cresent rolls
  • 1 can peaches
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 1/2 C sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 can Mountain Dew
  • Cinnamon to taste (she uses plain cinnamon but I used my cinnamon sugar blend)
Directions:
  •  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Take each crescent dough triangle and roll a peach up
  • Place each dumpling into a buttered 9x13 baking dish
  • Melt butter 
  • Add sugar and vanilla into the melted butter (it will be thick and sugary. This is good)
  • Pour sugar mixture over all the dumplings
  • Pour can of mountain dew around the edges of the baking dish (I didn't use a full can so I can't say the difference it makes!)
  • Sprinkle dumplings with cinnamon or cinnamon sugar
  • Bake for about 40 minutes (I let mine sit for a few minutes after I pulled them out)


No comments :

Post a Comment