Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies

Helloooo General Conference weekend! I let out a little secret on my Instagram today. I gain more weight during General Conference than I do at Christmas! It's the combination of the need for comfort food in the fall and being snuggled up inside during the weekend. It's just the atmosphere! Christmas time I am usually busy playing and making sure things are going as planned (where IS that special stocking stuffer I got for so and so?! It was here yesterday!!! Sound familiar?) General Conference? I have nothing to do but cook, eat and relax.

One tradition that I make every year is my mama's Beef Stew & Rolls (click the link to get the recipe. So delish!) But this year I tested out something else! I have my own "perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe" that I created last year (which I have yet to share with anyone), but when I saw these tiny ones on Pinterest I absolutely had to make them. I HAD to! I don't trust myself to convert a typical choc. chip recipe into a mini one so I went with someone who knew, Jaclyn at Cooking Classy, and boy does she know! These are heavenly! And so much fun for the kids! And of course....sooooo cute. Jaclyn's are cuter than mine because I didn't have any cornstarch and made them anyway :( haha. So if you're wondering what kind of difference that 1tsp of cornstarch makes, just compare my pictures with hers and you'll understand. But, if you're not worried about looks and taste alone, they taste mighty excellent even without the cornstarch so have no fear!



What you will need:
  • 1/2 C butter
  • 1/2 C brown sugar
  • 1/4 C white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. cornstarch
  • 1/8 tsp. + 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 1/3 C flour
  • 2/3 C chocolate chips
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degree's
  • Blend dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and cornstarch) into a small bowl and set aside
  • Cream together butter and sugars
  • Add in egg and mix well
  • Ad in vanilla and blend
  • Slowly add in dry ingredients until well combined
  • Add in chocolate chips and blend
  • Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (I just lightly greased the cookie sheet)
  • Roll dough into heaping teaspoon sized balls
  • Lay balls out 1" apart on cookie sheet
  • Bake for 5-6 minutes until edges are slightly golden (they will look underdone)
  • Let them finish baking/cooling on the sheet for a few more minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack

No comments :

Post a Comment