Saturday, April 18, 2015

Spicy Roasted Chicken Legs

Another Pioneer Woman Recipe. Can you blame me?! I'll be honest, though. This recipe was pretty delicious, however, all of the flavorings were on the skin on the outside and never really sunk into the chicken itself. So I'd adjust my tactics next time to fix that! My kids devoured these, though, so I guess it didn't really matter to them!

What you will need:
  • 24 whole chicken legs (I think I used 18)
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 T of your favorite seasonings (I don't remember what I used, but I know I threw some garlic in there somewhere)
  • 1/2 C lemon juice
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400*
  • Melt butter in sauce pan
  • Add lemon juice and seasonings to melted butter
  • Rinse and pat chicken legs dry
  • Using tongs, grab each leg and dunk it into the melted butter
  • Place chicken legs on foil lined baking sheet
  • Brush the chicken legs with more butter mixture
  • Bake for 30-40 minutes, basting once more half way through
  • Turn on the broiler for the last minute to get them nice and golden

No comments :

Post a Comment