Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sweet Mini Monkey Rolls

So I had been wanting to try this recipe for over a year and just now got around to it. I feel like I didn't coat them in as much of the cinnamon/brown sugar as I wanted AND I overbaked them :(. But they were still good and I will definitely be making them again!

I found a lot of different ways to make these, but ultimately felt that the Rhodes Blog had it best! And their step by step pictures are awesome.
Umm, I couldn't wait for them to cool at all before I glazed them so thus, the pool of glaze at the bottom. I'm not even mad.

What you will need:

Mini Monkey Rolls
  • 12 Rhodes rolls, thawed but still cold
  • 6 T butter, melted
  • 2 T corn syrup
  • 1/2 Brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
Icing
  • 1 C powdered sugar
  • 1 T butter, melted
  • 2 T milk
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Directions:

Mini Monkey Rolls
  • Follow the directions on the back of the Rhodes rolls package for thawing (you don't want them to be puffy and rising yet when you start to use them. They need to be cold, but still able to press down into them.)
  • Once they've reached their thawed state, melt your butter and add the karo syrup to it in a small bowl
  • In another shallow dish, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon
  • Take a roll and use a pizza cutter to cut each roll into 6 pieces (I only did 4 pieces, 6 would be better)
  • Drop all the pieces into the butter and then plop them into the cinnamon/sugar mixture
  • Coat each ball with the cinnamon/sugar (like..a lot)
  • Place the balls in a greased muffin tin or greased muffin tin cupcake liner
  • Repeat with other balls of dough
  • Cover with greased plastic wrap and let them rise until double in size
  • Preheat over to 350*
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes
Icing
  • Combine ingredients and drizzle over monkey rolls

No comments :

Post a Comment