Monday, November 16, 2015

Crock Pot Taco Soup

My kids and I made a tradition last year that on the first snow fall of the season we make sugar cookies and have hot chocolate. It's flurried here and there but nothing I would call "the first snow."

Today has been kind of a nail biter! Is it the first snow fall? Really? Is it going to melt in an hour? Can I for sure give it the first snow label? I can't decide, and the clock is ticking!

In the meantime, taco soup. Need I say more? Warm up with this gem. I served it with the Olive Garden Bread Sticks and it was a big hit! Which is extremely rewarding since it was a typical "threw it together" meal. Whew!



What you will need:
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed
  • 1 can kidney beans, rinsed
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
  • 3 cans beef broth
  • 1 1/2 pkg. taco seasoning
  • 1 1/2 pkg. ranch mix 
  • 1 lb. ground beef
Directions
  • Dump all the canned ingredients into the crock pot 
  • Mix in the taco seasoning and ranch mix
  • Brown the ground beef and add it into the crock pot to mix in
  • Cook on low 4-6 hours
  • Top with grated cheese and a healthy dollop of sour cream if desired!

No comments :

Post a Comment