Friday, November 27, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wow, a title doesn't get any more simple than that, does it? Chocolate chip cookies. What a wonderful name.

About 4 years ago or so I created my own "perfect" chocolate chip cookie recipe. It was fit for me. It had everything I wanted. Chewy, soft, spread out just right, not too dry, not too fluffy, gooey and buttery golden flavor (yes, "golden" is a flavor).

I hid it in my computer labeled "secret cookie recipe."

And then my computer crashed. We recovered some pictures, but no cookie recipe came along with it. I'd had it memorized for a while and slowly, I started forgetting exactly what it was. I settled for making the recipe on the back of Nestlea Tollhouse packages. They were satisfying enough. But I still longed for my cookie.

Fast forward to today, scrolling through Pinterest and I see a picture of a cookie that looked exactly like mine! I had to try. And boy, I tell you what. These are BETTER than mine! I did add 1tsp of water to the batter and it was just heavenly!

I will not use any other recipe other than this from now on. This is it, you guys! This is perfection! I stared at my nestlea chocolate chips and my guittard chocolate chips trying to decide what to use the first time around. I went with guittard. They're huge. And I wanted chocolate. So these were very, VERY chocolatey. I can't wait to make them again with the regular sized chips now.

The fact that I have no clue where this woman lives and having this recipe work brilliantly in my high altitude desert of a city says a lot to me. It's gotta be fool proof!

Here's my picture. But I promise you, the pictures of the cookies on her post is what makes it and does them justice. RUN to her page at Gimme Some Oven so you can see what you can really expect with these! Maybe I'll update my photo once I don't have these huge honkin' chocolate chips all over. Maybe.


What you will need:
  • 1/2 C butter, softened
  • 1/2 C brown sugar
  • 1/3 C white sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 C flour
  • 2 tsp corn starch
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 C chocolate chips (+ some to stick on the tops right before they go in the oven)
  • Parchment paper (optional, but it does make a difference!)
Directions:
  • Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
  • Add in the vanilla and egg and mix until well blended
  • Slowly add in the flour, corn starch and baking soda until well combined
  • Toss in the chocolate chips and mix it all up
  • Refrigerate the dough about 20 minutes (I didn't........so I guess you can see the difference!)
  • Preheat the oven to 350*
  • Lay some parchment paper over a baking sheet
  • Roll the dough into balls, or scoop them using a cookie scoop (I scooped with a cookie scoop and then rolled them into a ball)
  • Place each ball onto the baking sheet and stick a few extra chocolate chips on the tops of 'em
  • Bake for 10 minutes
  • Pull them out and let them finish cooking a bit on the sheet
  • EAT. RIGHT AWAY.

No comments :

Post a Comment