Monday, December 14, 2015

Raspberry Sauce

Well, this stuff was a goldmine to find at The Gunny Sack! I made it a few months ago for my daughters birthday because she wanted cake waffles? So I had to think up a few toppings to use for those. This was one of them and everyone loved it.

Fast forward to this past weekend when I tried to make a layered cake for my sons birthday. I made this sauce to layer between the cakes. The cake fell apart and I was left to just go buy a little cake for my son instead. I picked up a cheesecake for everyone else and....tuh duh! Still had some raspberry sauce I could use with it.

So, this stuff is basically a staple. Use it on ice cream! Cake! Cheesecake. Waffles. Pancakes. Whatever you want! It's so incredibly easy and just so darn delicious. My husband goes nuts over it.



What you will need:
  • 12 oz. raspberries
  • 1/4 C water
  • 1/3 C sugar
  • 1 T fresh lemon juice
  • 2 T cold water
  • 2 T cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • pinch of salt
Directions:
  • On medium heat, cook the raspberries, water, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan until the raspberries start to break down (about 5-7 minutes) 
  • Combine the cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl and add to the raspberry sauce
  • cook for about 30-60 seconds until the mixture is thickened
  • Remove from heat and add vanilla and salt
  • Let the sauce cool and then store in a container in the fridge

No comments :

Post a Comment