Monday, November 2, 2015

Garlic Bread (Garlic Butter)


A while back I wanted garlic bread but didn't want to go to the store to get some of that pre-made stuff you stick in the oven to warm up. But rubbing some raw garlic all over a piece of toast didn't sound great either (yeah, that's literally what I heard one time....on the FOOD NETWORK. WHAT?). I told myself to just suck it up and figure something out.

I took a pretty simple approach to the whole thing but really wanted the flavors to stand out. What I came up with is extremely fool proof and I have been using it on EVERYTHING. Including the Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks. I used it for my Baked Salmon and added in some other seasonings with some lemon juice. It's just so nice to have this recipe on hand!




What you will need:

  • 1/2 tsp. butter
  • 4 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • Any seasonings you'd like. A safe bet would be some thyme or rosemary
Directions:
  • Grate the garlic into the 1/2 tsp of butter while it's warming up in a pan
  • When the butter is melted and the garlic has swam around for a tiny minute, pour (and scrape every last bit of the butter/garlic along with it) into a small bowl with the softened 1/2 stick of butter
  • Mix in any seasonings you like
  • Spread over bread slices
  • Bake at 375 for about 10-15 minutes

No comments :

Post a Comment