Monday, November 2, 2015

Baked Salmon

I am SO excited to be posting about this! Right now I haven almost 11 month old son. This son is seemingly always in an extreme Mama's Boy stage. Cooking dinner is almost always a challenge with him around (or really, looking in any direction but towards him is a challenge these days). I really really really wanted to make some salmon, but babysitting it with oil splattering around while my boy screamed "MAMAMAMAMAMAMAAAAA" in tears and pulling my pants down didn't seem worth it.

Thankfully I remembered seeing this idea somewhere on the interpin (my mash up of interweb and pinterest) and went on the hunt!

Wouldn't ya know it? Pioneer Woman. Duh. She basically just tosses the sucker in the oven. I figured I could do that just fine with a mini me-monster in the house. But then....what to season the salmon with?

Well don't you worry. After many many many many'o tests, I think I've found "it." THE flavor for salmon, if you will. 

 Click right here for my Garlic Bread recipe for the Garlic butter instructions (the BEST garlic butter ever...ever ever), because you'll be using that here, but adding some lemon juice into it.

Between that deliciousness, some kosher salt, pepper and a Garlic/Rosemary spice blend it was absolute perfection, especially with this cooking technique. Completely flawless!



You will need:
  • Boneless, skinless salmon filets
  • Kosher salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic and Rosemary seasoning blend (I found mine at Sam's Club)
  • Garlic butter
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
Directions:
  • Line a baking sheet with foil
  • Place salmon filets onto the baking sheet
  • Sprinkle with salt & pepper
  • Add Garlic and Rosemary seasoning blend and lemon juice to the garlic butter
  • Coat the salmon filets with the butter
  • Put in a cold oven
  • Turn oven on to 400*
  • Set the timer for 25 minutes

No comments :

Post a Comment