Sunday, November 1, 2015

Kiss Pies

So I tried to make some pie pops a couple weeks ago. It turned into a complete disaster. I was frazzled the entire time. I was suppose to make my pecan pie filling mixture, but went along not realizing I was making my 6 minutes caramels mixture. Once I realized that (and noticing the time crunch I was in), I was just a mess doing two things at once and didn't use my head at all!

That being said, I had some extra pie crust that needed to be used and just happened to scroll past this recipe from the Picky Palate that looked easy and perfect to do with my kids!

You can totally leave them plain but we definitely wanted to dust with some powdered sugar and drizzle with a chocolate/butterscotch drizzle for an extra bit of deliciousness. These would be adorable on everyone's plate at the Thanksgiving table.



What you will need:
  • One roll of refrigerated pie crust rolled out pretty thin
  • Hershey kisses
  • Circular cookie cutter or a knife to cut a circle around each hershey kiss
  • egg wash mixture
  • Sugar
  • 1/2 C Chocolate chips (optional)
  • 1/4 C Butterscotch chips (optional)
  • Powdered sugar (optional)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350*
  • Roll out the pie crust
  • Place a Hershey kiss on the crust and cut a circle around the kiss
  • Bring two ends of the dough together and pinch
  • Bring the other two ends of the dough together and pinch
  • Pinch each side
  • Place them all on a baking sheet
  • Brush them with some egg wash
  • Sprinkle sugar on top
  • Bake for about 23 minutes
  • Let them cool while you melt chocolate & butterscotch
  • Drizzle with the chocolate
  • Dust with powdered sugar

No comments :

Post a Comment