Saturday, November 14, 2015

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

First, I just want to say how great these would be if you wanted to make a treat for Thanksgiving but aren't so good at the pie thing! Or even a treat to make and hand out around Christmas time for your neighbors. So perfect!

So, has anyone else seen that FB post going around with the peanut butter balls and the M&M's inside them?! Cause the second I saw them, I knew I was making them immediately. Their FB name is "Tasty" and there wasn't a website as far as I could see! But go look them up, such a fun page!!

I didn't use the m&m's, no one in my family really loooooves m&m's so I thought I'd try them plain at first. I did stick a few baking snickers in the middle of some just to test it out, but I didn't give myself any way of knowing which was which so I haven't come across one yet.

Here's the thing. My husband does NOT like chocolate. I know. It's a tragedy I have to relive every single day. But I discovered that if I have to melt chocolate for anything, all I have to do is add some butterscotch chips to melt with it and the flavor is changed just enough that he can't get enough. (think scotcheroo chocolate, that's the flavor we're talking about here. Just a little more mild since I didn't want it to over power the peanut butter in this).

The recipe doesn't say how many chocolate chips exactly, so I just used whatever I had lying around. It turned out to not be quite enough so the balls weren't coated all pretty and even or anything. But I'll tell ya what we cannot stop EATING THESE!!!!! My husband has eaten more than I have even. This is a miracle. He doesn't really like desserts in the first place, let alone one with chocolate. So this is huge. That's how good these are! And they are SO SO easy to make!

Someone in the FB comments said these were like pb cups on crack. They're definitely better than pb cups. Pb cups have a bit of a grainy, stale peanut butter feel and taste to me. These are so much better!!


What you will need:
  • 1/2 C melted butter
  • 2 1/2 C powdered sugar
  • 1 2/2 C peanut butter
  • Some chocolate chips (I'm gonna say at least 2 C will do it. If you want to add some butterscotch chips, toss in about 1/4-1/2 C)
Directions:
  • Mix all ingredients but the chocolate together until well combined
  • Roll them into equal sized balls and freeze them for about 20 minutes
  • You can reshape them a bit after they're frozen and make them look nicer if needed
  • Melt the chocolate
  • Dip the balls
  • Refrigerate or Freeze again until chocolate is set (that's what I did anyway cause I used regular chocolate chips so I didn't want to spend all day waiting for it to set at room temperature!)


No comments :

Post a Comment