Monday, June 6, 2016

PMS Cookies

I spent a little while trying to figure out what to call these cookies. Double Chocolate Nutella....Nutella Chocolate....Chocolately Chocolate Chocolateness. Then I kind of just figured hey, I'll be honest. They're PMS cookies.


I spent a good 20 minutes scrolling through Pinterest trying to find a cookie recipe that I wanted to make after a day of raging irritation at every tiny noise and sight. After a day of feeling so tired and bloated and foggy. I just wanted chocolate. But I wanted nutella. But I wanted them both. But I didn't want any of the recipes I was seeing.

So I stood at my Kitchen-Aid and threw stuff in there. I know the basics of a cookie recipe so I just went for it and hoped it worked out. Oh gosh they freakin' hit the spot! I'm so glad they worked out. And I think my husband is too. Because I was nice again afterwards.




What you will need:
  • 1/2 c butter, softened
  • 1/2 c white sugar
  • 1/4 c brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 c nutella (I feel like I could have gone up to 3/4 c to make them a bit more gooey)
  • 1/2 c cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 1/2 c flour
  • 1/2 c chocolate chips
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375*
  • Mix butter, sugars and egg until light and fluffy
  • Add in the vanilla and nutella and mix in until well combined
  • Add in the cocoa powder and baking soda until well combined
  •  Add in the flour a little at a time until well combined
  • Toss in the chocolate chips and mix until just combined
  • Roll dough (it will be very thick) into balls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
  • Bake for 9-11 minutes depending on your oven

No comments :

Post a Comment