Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Banana Muffins

So these are preetttyy much exactly like my banana bread recipe. Except I've got this with a little less sugar, no cinnamon flavors and some baking powder thrown into the mix. I of course kept my brown sugar in there because once I started doing it that way I couldn't stop. :)

These are very frickin' delicious. I usually get around 14 muffins using a regular sized muffin tin. I've been reaching for this recipe more often than banana bread once my bananas are ready because they bake up in 15 minutes (13 minutes if it's my oven) instead of nearly an hour with the loaf of banana bread!


What you will need:
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed up
  • 1/3 c butter, melted
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/3 c brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
Directions:
  •  Preheat oven to 350*
  • Spray a muffin pan, or place cupcake liners
  • Mix all wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl (mashed bananas, melted butter, egg and vanilla)
  • Add in the sugars and mix well
  • Add in the baking soda and baking powder and mix well
  • Add in the flour a little at a time mixing well between each addition
  • Scoop batter into each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full (I use a large cookie scoop which makes it go by really fast and no mess!)

No comments :

Post a Comment