Friday, August 5, 2016

Creamy Ranch Pork Chops & Potatoes

Comfort food at its finest! Smooth and pillowy mashed potatoes, creamy, flavorful gravy and a deliciously tender pork chop all in one bite. The best part is you really only need 4 ingredients for the pork chops!

I'm a little crazy. I had scrolled past a picture of something like this on pinterest. It had a picture of the pork over the potatoes and a picture of a ranch packet. So I assumed I knew what I was doing without actually opening the link. I went shopping and grabbed the things I figured it asked for, went home and pulled up the link just to make sure and I was a little off! The recipe was way more complex than I'd thought and I just had a few basic things to use.

So I used them anyway. And you know what? It's fanFREAKINtastic! Holy crap. My daughter who hates potatoes (she's learning...) still gobbled this up and kept telling me how yummy and flavorful it was. So I'm kinda like hm, I don't know that I want to try the more complex recipe when I can just make this and have my kids eat it all with fewer ingredients/time put into it.



What you will need:
  • Pork chops (as many as you'd like. I think I used 8 and there was plenty of gravy for them all)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 3 T ranch mix
  • 1-2 T kosher salt (I tasted the gravy before serving and added more salt in and pinch more of the ranch mix but you decide!)
Directions:
  • Mix together the soups, ranch mix and salt
  • Place pork chops inside a crock pot
  • Pour the gravy mix on top of the pork chops
  • Cook on low for about 5 hours

No comments :

Post a Comment