Monday, May 22, 2017

Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars

So yesterday happened, which was a Sunday, and my husband was craving a dessert with peanut butter in it. Specifically, peanut butter bars. The catch? We only had 1 stick of butter. Since we don't go shopping on Sundays I was up for a bit of a challenge in finding something that would satisfy his craving!

But you guys, I did it! And, of course, it's a Six Sisters Stuff recipe. I swear between them and Pioneer Woman they are always saving the day.

I was a little skeptical at the whole cake mix idea of it. I was sure the texture would be way too off to be considered a "bar." The recipe was so dang easy though it was worth it to just go for it and see what happened.

Well, here you have it! Freakin' YUM! I love these things. My husband says that the cake flavor mixed with the peanut butter isn't quite up to his standards, but it satisfied what he was after. I, on the other hand, had zero issue with the cake flavor mixed with the peanut butter! I thought the whole thing was great and we both agreed that the texture was definitely that of a bar!


What you will need:

Bars-

  • 1 box vanilla cake mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 C water
  • 1 C peanut butter
Frosting-
  • 1 stick (1/2 c) butter, softened
  • 1/4 C milk
  • 3 T cocoa powder
  • 1-2 tsp. vanilla (I used 2)
  • 2-3 C powdered sugar (I ended up using 2 1/2)
Directions:

Bars-
  • Preheat oven to 350*
  • Spray a 13x9 baking dish with non stick spray
  • Mix cake mix, egg, water and peanut butter together until mixed well
  • Pour and spread mixture into the 13x9 dish
  • Bake about 20-25 minutes
  • When completely cooled, spread frosting on top
Frosting-
  • Mix all ingredients together until a smooth frosting forms. Add powdered sugar as needed for desired consistency
  • Spread over the top of the peanut butter bars

No comments :

Post a Comment