Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Sesame Noodles


First let me just apologize for this picture. It was just sitting on the counter waiting to be eaten and I remembered I needed a picture. So I didn't try to make it look fancy. It's just as is. Also, I just had angel hair pasta on hand, so it looks a little "off," but I promise you it's good!

I have no idea where my head was at, but as I was preparing meals for our "health week," I looked at my plans for buffalo chicken lettuce wraps and thought an Asian noodle side dish would pair well. They were both great on their own, but together I have no idea why I put them together! It's not even really like they're super healthy, but hey, I had already drowned chicken in hot sauce so.... we'll just go with it.

These had really good flavor, most likely due to the sesame oil used! My husband loooooves sesame oil so I had zero reservations about the whole thing. They were deeeelicious! Of course. Pioneer Woman, right? Not to mention, this whips up FAST. You're using thin noodles so they don't take long at all and everything is just kind of dump and mix and go. Loved it!




What you will need:

  • 12 oz. thin noodles, cooked and drained
  • 1/4 C soy sauce
  • 2 T sugar
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 T rice vinegar
  • 3 T pure sesame oil
  • 1/2 tsp. hot chili oil
  • 4 T canola oil
  • Green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
Directions:
  • Mix all ingredients (minus the noodles) together in a bowl
  • Toss the cooked and drained noodles with the oil
  • Top with green onions (optional)

No comments :

Post a Comment