Thursday, September 27, 2012

Easy Delicious Shrimp

I grew up going to Sizzler as a reward. It was considered a "fancy" restaurant. Everyone remember the line from The Brady Bunch when the dad says, "Get on your Sunday best, kids! We're goin' to SEARS!" Yeah, that's pretty much how it was for us and Sizzler.

I've been in love with their shrimp for a million years. When I moved to Portland I was lucky enough to find a Sizzler...only to find out that they do exactly NOTHING the same. It was so disappointing I almost started yelling at people.

So here I sit, stuck without a Sizzler. I went to Sizzler the last time I went home to visit and I'm pretty sure I teared up from how much I loved it.

Anyways, I never asked how they made their shrimp, so I clearly don't know, but I decided to try it out with Lowry's Seasoning Salt. I think that it's either that or Old Bay, but at this point in time, Lowry's is totally working for me. Luckily this recipe makes it easy for you to sub the seasoning for whatever you want! I paired this up with pumpkin mashed potatoes and a salad, but someday I'll figure out a good rice recipe to go with it!


What you will need:

  • 2 T butter
  • 1 lb. medium shrimp (not frozen)
  • Lowry's seasoning salt
Directions:
  • Remove shells from the shrimp (you can keep the tails on, but I found it easier to de-vein the shrimp with the tails off)
  • De-vein the shrimp (this is not 100% necessary.......if you don't mind eating shrimp poop.)
  • Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towel
  • Melt butter in large sauce pan
  • Place shrimp in the pan and sprinkle the top side with Lowry's seasoning salt
  • Flip shrimp over after about 2 minutes tops
  • Sprinkle other side with Lowry's seasoning salt
  • Cook shrimp for another minute or two (shrimp will be done once it starts to turn pink)

No comments :

Post a Comment