Monday, March 26, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie

With it being nice and sunny today, I decided to make a smoothie and sit out on my balcony listening to Dave Matthews in the breeze. This is not the "healthy dessert" I promised you, but it's still super delicious. One thing to note, is that the amount of water in the recipe is more than if you were to use fresh strawberries. I'd sliced some strawberries up last night and put them in the freezer so I needed some added liquid. I totally winged it as I went, and it turned out fabulous so I'll go ahead and jot it down for you now.

What you will need:
  • 2 C. frozen strawberries
  • 8 fresh squeezed lemons (I'm sure lemonade would be fine, you'd need around 8 oz/1 C, but you'll want to cut back on the sugar amount)
  • 3 T sugar
  • 1 1/2 C water
  • 1 C ice
Directions:
  • Blend strawberries and lemon juice and sugar first
  • Add in water a little at a time
  • Add in ice a little at a time
  • It should come out to a perfect smoothie thickness

No comments :

Post a Comment