Friday, April 13, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

This is very...very....very good. Even if mine ended up a tad overdone (wasn't paying attention..what's new?) I will be making this again. I know it looks like a lot of work, but it's super easy and whips up fast. Also, I highly recommend pouring some glaze onto the cake when it's still really warm and eating it that way. It's basically heaven.
I'm sure it wouldn't look so transparent if I'd waited for it to cool off before glazing it, but I couldn't help myself.

What you will need:

CAKE-
  • 3 C Flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 C sugar
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 C milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 C butter, melted
TOPPING-
  • 1 C butter, softened
  • 1 C brown sugar
  • 2 T flour
  • 1 T cinnamon (I used 1 1/2 T)
GLAZE-
  • 2 C powdered sugar
  • 5 T milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla (after using 1 tsp. I tested it and decided it needed more, I think I ended up using more like 1 T!)
Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  • Using a mixer/stand mixer, combine cake batter ingredients in order
  • Pour cake batter into a greased 13x9 cake pan
  • In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until well combined
  • Using a cookie scooper, drop the topping onto the cake batter in various places
  • Using a butter knife, swirl the topping and cake batter
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes
  • While it's baking, mix together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla to make your glaze
  • Once the cake is cooled, pour the glaze over the cake

No comments :

Post a Comment