Monday, April 29, 2013

Kira's BBQ Root Beer Pulled Chicken

I was looking for a particular flavor to create as my bbq sauce flavor. The last time I made this, it wasn't quite right. This time, it was PERFECT! This is soooo good you guys. And I hope you can see some of that corn on the cob behind that sandwich there. That "recipe" (yeah, a recipe for corn on the cob) is right here and it's delicious. Hint: it involves crab. Woah! Hands down the best corn on the cob I've ever had in my life. Loving my Kitchen-Brain lately.


What you will need:

  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 20 oz. Famous Dave's Rich&Sassy BBQ Sauce
  • 4 cloves fresh garlic, grated
  • 1 T Onion Powder
  • 1 C Root Beer
  • Salt&Pepper
  • Kaiser rolls or any preferred sandwich bread (I lightly toast mine on the stove cause I can't handle "soggy" bread)
Directions:
  • Poor 1/4 of the bbq sauce into crock pot
  • Grate 1 garlic clove and add it into the bbq sauce
  •  Add 1/2 T onion powder into the bbq sauce
  • Add the root beer into the bbq sauce and mix all together
  • Place chicken breasts into the bbq sauce mix
  • sprinkle the rest of the onion powder over the chicken
  • Grate one garlic clove onto each chicken breast
  • Salt and pepper the chicken breasts
  • Poor the rest of the bbq sauce over the chicken 
  • Make sure the chicken is smothered in sauce
  • Cook on low for about 6 hours
  • Shred with two forks and serve

No comments :

Post a Comment