Thursday, May 30, 2013

Football Cheese Dip

Ever have one of those days where you commit to taking dinner over to a friend and then the next day you get super sick? Yyyyeah I basically just pawned off all my responsibilities to someone else to take dinner over so as not to spread germs. I hate spreading germs. Don't believe me? Click this.

Luckily I have a wonderful man that I was able to dictate and make him do all the chopping and assembling so my friend wouldn't have to do too much aside from dumping things into a crock pot before she took it over.

I told you that for a reason. Once in a great while, I will decide to do a dinner that is basically Football Food Night. Dips, wings, chips, salsa, meatballs...yeah. And since today the thought of trying to put together a real meal was starting to legit look like this...


...It was going to be one of those days. Football Food? That looks more like this...



I whipped up one of my very very favorite cheese dips that I tried at a football party a few years ago (what the what? Have I lived here that long for reals?....That really was a few years ago) that my amazing talented friend Christine made. Totally swiped this recipe right off her recipe blog. I've made it numerous times since then so I figured I ought to share it with everyone I know! It's amazing!

Oh, and don't forget to check out my meatball sauce recipe! It is the best I've ever had, straight up from my Grandma's cookbook, so you should probably get on that.

Okay I swear I'm not doing drugs, but does that cheese dip bowl look like it's floating to anyone? I guess I could say the same for the plate of chips in the back. They're both floating. Just picture me saying the words, "those are floating, man..." in my really tired, sick voice in a bit of a daze from medicine. You're never going to forget this cheese dip now, are you?!

What you will need:
  • 1 package Mexican Velveeta Cheese
  • 1 jar of your favorite salsa (I use Picante brand)
  • 1 can Cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 onion, minced
  • 1 lb. ground sausage
Directions:
  • Brown ground sausage
  • Slowly warm up the cheese being careful not to burn
  • Add in salsa, soup, onion and mix well
  • Add in sausage last and combine all together
  • Either serve immediately or transfer to a crock pot and keep it warm until it's time to serve

No comments :

Post a Comment